Since PFH commenced teaching activities in 1995, companies with an excellent market position and a high reputation, ranging from SMEs to global players, have been represented in PFH’s Board of Trustees. This broad line-up of Dax companies, on the one hand, and SME partners from a wide variety of industries, on the other, guarantees the innovative impetus for rendering the study programme practically oriented and extending its practical orientation.
8 of the 13 companies in the present Board of Trustees have been actively involved in the “With business for business” process from the outset as founding members. This fruitful collaboration over many years guarantees continuity and is the best proof of the success that University and companies have achieved to date through this partnership.
The companies represented in the Board of Trustees show both a moral and a financial commitment to PFH by
- assuming economic responsibility, e.g. by funding endowed chairs
- acting as advisers to the University, so as to give the study content a practically relevant and needs-based orientation
- contributing practical knowledge and experience to study focus areas, for example in the context of talks or panel discussions
- honing students’ perception of practically relevant issues in projects and
- providing work placements for the students.