Specialization in lightweight construction
The “Lightweight Engineering & Composites” master’s degree is aimed at engineers and mathematical and scientific graduates with professional experience who would like to gain qualifications in the field of composites while working. The course focuses in particular on carbon fiber reinforced plastics (CFRP, colloquially “carbon”), but also glass fiber reinforced plastics (GFRP).
You can complete the course in either German or English. With a master’s degree, you open up the best career prospects. Annual growth of 10 percent is predicted for the CFRP industry alone. It is therefore certain that the high demand for composites specialists will continue to rise in the future.
- Study programme unique in the whole of Europe
- Best possible career prospects in aircraft construction, automotive engineering, machine construction, wind turbine construction and many other industries
- Professional development study programme in block and weekend courses
- Up-to-date content provided by professors with practical experience
- Collaborative partners like Airbus, DLR and Fraunhofer Institute in the immediate neighbourhood of the campus
- Selected management content in the study programme
- Individual supervision in small learning groups
All Facts about the Course
Whether practical projects, varied focal points or exciting modules – during your studies you will be comprehensively trained for your career. See what content is waiting for you here.
Modul 1: Business Administration
Internal Accounting & Controlling, Strategisches Management
Module 2: Deepening of mathematical and scientific basics
Calculation methods of structural mechanics, material mechanics and material behavior
Module 3: Structural design of the composite materials
Damage Tolerant Structural Design, Nonlinear Structural Design Methods
Module 4: Partially automated and automated manufacturing processes
Assembly logistics of automated manufacturing processes, quality assurance methods in manufacturing and service
Module 5: Sustainable process optimization
Industrial production technologies for composite structures, digital factory planning, deterministic assessment of production processes
Module 6: Design of multifunctional composite structures
Design of composite structures, hybrid construction methods, adaptive composite structures